We are hiring a Director of Quality Control – Appraisal Operations!
What is MountainSeed?
We are a fresh approach to the Commercial Real Estate Services industry. We recognized that there is a better way to approach commercial real estate and lending, and out of that, MountainSeed was born.
A role at MountainSeed is more than just a job – its an opportunity for growth and success. We believe that work doesn’t necessarily have to be work. At MountainSeed, you’ll join some of the country’s most talented people at a company that has been named one of the best places to work.
Apply Directly – Recruitment (adp.com)
The Quality Control Director will monitor and test the quality level of commercial and residential appraisal review reports completed by appraisal operations. They will provide guidance, training, and risk management feedback through a quality control program to strengthen overall appraisal related compliance and mitigate operational risks internally and externally.
What are the opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Design, document and maintain MountainSeed’s appraisal-review processes, policies, procedures, manuals, and forms
- Design and execute MountainSeed’s valuation quality-control program
- Serve as the ultimate decision maker on complex disputes and escalations of technical, appraisal-related issues
- Advise MountainSeed‘s appraisal operations team and senior leadership at key financial-institution clients on regulatory- and valuation-related issues
- Train MountainSeed’s review personnel as needed
- Review and approve completed reviews of new staff and selected others (Commercial and Residential) in accordance to the internal QC policy
- Conduct periodic review spot checks and QC Audits for all Commercial and Residential Reviewers.
- Complete special projects as needed
- Consult with Operations Director, Commercial Appraisal Manager, and Residential Manager on underperforming review personnel and participate in developing and monitoring corrective action plan.
- Works closely with Compliance Director
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- At least fifteen (15) years of real-estate appraisal experience working with or for regulated financial institutions
- Deep commercial experience and exceptional real-estate valuation skills
- Certified General Appraiser in good standing with one or more states
- Previous experience as the Chief Appraiser or senior-level manager/officer in the real-estate valuation or lending department of a regulated financial institution
- In depth knowledge of financial institution regulations and best practices governing real-estate collateral valuation
- Solid working knowledge and comfort-level with residential valuation techniques and the residential-mortgage-lending industry, generally
- Documented thought leadership in the real-estate and valuation industry
- Well-developed “soft skills” with a strong desire to see others succeed and reach their maximum potential
- Willingness to communicate honest, direct feedback in a sincere and thoughtful manner with no fear of appropriate conflict
- Proactive client-service mentality and desire to anticipate client needs before they arise
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- Top-drawer project-management skills and the ability to consistently manage and hit deadlines without supervision
- Affinity for working in a fast-paced, open environment with continuous focus on self- and company-improvement
- Technological literacy and mastery of navigating standard office software
As a MountainSeed employee you will enjoy benefits such as 3 weeks PTO, 13 company paid holidays, and a flexible working environment. Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K plans are available first of the month following 30 days of employment. This position is 100% REMOTE!
MountainSeed has a fresh approach to commercial real estate services. We give banks more time to grow their business by outsourcing services that can be performed more efficiently and more effectively by a firm with deep experience and expertise in those areas, including appraisal management and capital markets solutions. We were named one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Atlanta and were also honored as Atlanta’s 2nd fastest-growing private company in Commercial Real Estate as part of the 2021 Atlanta Business Chronicle PaceSetter awards.
MountainSeed is the largest commercial appraisal management company in the nation, with experience in all types of appraisals. We are a trusted partner to nearly 10% of community banks and credit unions in all 50 states. Through our varied service lines, we touch approximately $5 billion in commercial properties each month.
Our Capital Markets Group works with builders and developers nationwide to originate financing on the best terms available through our network of over 500 banks and credit unions. We are also active in sourcing loan participants and maintain an active and growing loan sales and trading platform.
OUR PURPOSE is to provide opportunities that help people thrive using their God-given abilities.
OUR CORE VALUES
Be a Self-Starter.
Constantly search out opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and the business. Have the courage to identify problems, solve them, or tell someone who can. Take action, take responsibility, and finish it on time.
Be a Team Player.
Encourage others and celebrate when they succeed. Be willing to pitch in when someone needs help, prioritizing team results above individual results. We believe MountainSeed will succeed to the extent that we can create healthy, high-performing teams.
Don’t be an optimist or a pessimist. Be a patriot.
Everything at MountainSeed is not good, and everything is not bad. Passionately seek the greater good for the organization, and be brutally honest about what’s working and what’s not working. MountainSeed isn’t loved because it’s great. MountainSeed will be great because it’s loved.
Do it Right.
Be the kind of person who does things right even when no one’s watching, even if your boss won’t catch it, and even if the client won’t notice. No one’s perfect, but be solid and have integrity.
Ask first how you can add value. Humility gets harder the more power you have. Invert the org chart – serve those you lead. At MountainSeed, the best idea wins no matter where it comes from. Be intellectually humble, the kind of person that can change your mind in the face of new information or a different perspective.
MountainSeed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.