Society of Chief Appraisers Sponsor BREA Approved Continuing Education Course (7 units) on Saturday, April 25, in Santa Ana, CA
Los Angeles, CA – The Society Of Chief Appraisers (SCA), a volunteer organization of over 300 Chief Appraisers, credit & real estate officers from more than 100 California banks, has announced the date and location its first BREA-approved advanced continuing education course on April 25, 2015 at the Courtyard Santa Ana-Orange County, Santa Ana, CA.
The seminar, entitled “Residential Appraising for Banks: What Chief Appraisers Want“ will be led by two prominent Residential Chief Appraisers whose institutions manage over $125 Billion in total assets at more than 450 bank branches throughout California: Ken DeFeo and Robert B. Melfe. They will cover the complete range of current bank appraisal “need-to-know” topics and valuable takeaways including:
- Practical advice for appraisers & reviewers directly from Residential Chief Appraisers, who make the final decisions
- How to produce easily accepted reports & evaluations
- How to create positive working partnerships with banks
- How to enhance your credentials with banks as appraisers & reviewers
- How to satisfy bank appraisal training policy requirements for all internal staff appraisal review officers – underwriters, credit officers, and auditors
Also featured at the seminar will be a special Chief Appraiser Panel, consisting of bank & AMC Chief Appraisers, who will focus on the “Rollout of Collateral Underwriter & Other Automated Review Tools.” Panel will include:
- Ara Kourouyan, Bank Chief Appraiser, Monterey Park, CA
- Tim Thibodeaux, AMC Chief Appraiser, Los Angeles & San Francisco, CA
- Russ Peterson, Bank Chief Appraiser, Northern & Southern, CA
- Tim Edwards, AMC Chief Appraiser, Northern & Southern, CA
Future Society of Chief Appraisers advanced training seminars are planned for Northern, Central, and Southern California. Scheduled instructors include highly regarded, active SCA Residential Chief Appraiser Members, such as Alexander Gilbert, VP, Senior Residential Appraiser; Ernie Lopez, FVP, Chief Appraiser; and Paige Gilligan, Chief Collateral Risk Officer; and many others.
About Society of Chief Appraisers
The Society of Chief Appraisers (SCA) is a volunteer organization of over 300 Chief Appraisers, and Credit & Real Estate Officers from over 100 California banks working together for the common objective of achieving an effective nationwide system of valuation and due diligence. It was founded in 2009 in both San Francisco and Los Angeles in response to the new risks to bank solvency resulting from the severe attrition of appraisal supervision at the nation’s banks and supervisory agencies. The need for such an organization became apparent in the wake of the recent banking crisis, where major studies of failed banks, showed that the lack of appraisal supervision was a major contributing factor in 75% of the bank failures occurring when the real estate bubble burst in 2007.
For more information about the SCA, and to learn about this and future seminars, please visit: www.societyofchiefappraisers.org.