In the appraisal of property for lending purposes, no requirement causes more frustration than comparable sale photos. Certainly, for lenders for which original comp photo is a requirement, there is no issue that gets kicked back for correction more often. It may be that a few bad apples have spoiled the barrel, but regardless the requirements exist
Why is such a simple thing so difficult for appraisers to abide and get right the first time?
In this webinar, we discuss:
- Investor requirements
- Lender-client requirements – as found in Assignment Conditions
- What USPAP has to say on the topic
- What types of issues are avoided by driving of comparable sales and verifying the comp relative to its environment
- Ethics Violations vs Competency Violations where assignment conditions like comp photos are concerned
- We will expose the surprising extent to which a few appraisers will go to avoid compliance
We all know first-hand the frustration that appraisers feel about this topic. We hope that our short webinar will provide clarification for your questions.
This is a pre-recorded webinar available for download.