Opinions – that’s what appraisers get paid to do. So, it shouldn’t be a surprise that they are passionate about their profession and are highly opinionated. We also know that not everyone belongs to social media platforms. Appraisers need an outlet and a resource to turn to when they need to call upon the “wisdom of the crowds.”
Appraisal Buzz introduces The Buzz Forum! This is on a forum platform that can be used as a valuable reference for our vibrant appraisal community! With this new site, appraisers can connect with others on several topics within the industry – some of these forum topics include our “Appraiser Townhall,” “Matchmaker for Trainees & Supervisors,” and so much more.
The Buzz Forum was created to be a place where the appraisal industry can fully express themselves and find a network of like-minded peers. Do you struggle with difficult clients? Having a hard time getting paid? Difficult assignment and need some guidance? Wondering how others are handling COVID-19 protocols? Here are the topics that are covered in the Buzz Forum:
- Appraiser Townhall: Go ahead and rant and rave here. No chair throwing or hair pulling please.
- Know Your Clients: It is best to do a little research before accepting assignments from a new client. Get the “skinny” from your peers.
- Market Conditions: Appraisers are the “boots on the ground” local market experts. Tell us what you are experiencing in your market and how you report it.
- Appraisal Policy, Practice and Procedure: Do you find yourself stumped on how to handle a difficult assignment? Check-in with your peers.
- Business Best Practices: Learn how to set up the proper legal entity, how to identify the right CPA, and build your business profitably.
- Chatterbox: The place for random stuff that doesn’t belong anywhere else. This is our catch-all discussion group to capture the hot topics of the day.
- Veterans Affairs: Need to know how to get on the VA panel? Policy questions? The VA will be here to help and point you in the right direction.
- Appraisers in the News: A mix of the good news such as new jobs, new office openings, honors, awards. Occasionally some bad news such as crime blotters, misdeeds, and mischief.
- Matchmaker for Trainees & Supervisors: If you are considering becoming an appraiser, join in and learn how best to achieve success. If you are a supervisor seeking a trainee in your area, please post the opportunity here.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: Are you uncertain with how to handle a difficult assignment? Challenged with how to interpret a particular policy? Interested in the Modernization initiative? Here’s the spot. This forum will be monitored by the GSEs.
We hope to see you on the Buzz Forum! Make sure to register so that you can participate in our vibrant appraisal community. We are excited to see your opinions, participate in discussions, and create a network that will prove to be a valuable source to all in the appraisal industry.
Have any comments or would you like to submit content of your own? Email email@example.com.