Yes, fall is finally here to fill up your weekends with football games and keeping up with your fantasy team stats. Currently pumpkin spice overwhelms store shelves and, in the blink of an eye, the isle of scary Halloween masks morph into snowmen and cute little santas. We are in a constant whirl wind, it is easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle and those events or deadlines slip away. Here are five dates to be aware of for the month of October.
- Fifth annual AEI and CRN conference on housing risk, sponsored by FICO. This two-day conference will take place on Wednesday, October 5th & Thursday, October 6th. Held at the AEI, Auditorium in Washington, DC, this conference will highlight several mortgage and collateral risk measures and their applications. Since the financial crisis, researchers have been using big data to develop objective, timely, and detailed information useful in assessing mortgage and collateral risk. This year’s conference will feature six panels of experts from industry, academia, the financial community, and regulatory bodies. A full video of the event will be posted within 24 hours after the event if you are unable to attend.
- The Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) is currently considering changes for the 2018-19 edition of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP). Now is your chance to provide comment and feedback for improving USPAP. This is the second exposure draft of proposed changes for the 2018-19 USAP, comments are encouraged in writing to the ASB before October 14, 2016. You can download a copy here.
- The Appraisal Standards Board will hold a public meeting in Washington, DC on October 21, 2016. The meeting will take place from 9:00am-12:00pm, at the Double Tree Washington DC. More information can be found here.
- MBA’s Annual Convention & Expo October 23rd-26th in Boston, MA. The agenda includes inspiring and entertaining general sessions, to networking events, special events, and more. For additional information visit mba.org.
- Valuation Expo Las Vegas, room block ends October 23rd. Valuation Expo will be held in at the Flamingo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV, Nov. 10th-12th. Don’t miss out on your special room rate of $75/night plus fees & tax. 14-hours of approved continuing education sessions including a discussion with Rob Chrisman about what went wrong during the housing finance crisis, an industry update from policy makers, and addressing big data and leveraging access to data and analytics tools. There will also be a CE session with Fannie Mae’s Director of Collateral Strategy and Policy who will be addressing Fannie Mae’s Selling Guide policy, and use of collateral technology tools including Collateral Underwriter and the Appraiser Quality Monitoring initiative. Appraisers will learn best practices and what to include in appraisal reports directly from their clients. Visit ValuationExpo.com for more information.
Don’t forget to register to vote! Election day is November 8th, 2016, and this will surely be an presidential election for the history books.
Would you like to submit content of your own? Email email@example.com.