At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Corporate Credit is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
This Wells Fargo position serves the appraisal department as a State Certified Appraiser with the ability to appraise all types of Residential property (1-4 units) at any transaction amount, competently perform all types of SFR, land and 2-4 unit appraisals which include full inspection, drive-by, desktop, and high end appraisal reviews all within local and remote geographic locations. Competently know and understand how to use Wells Fargo MVT tool. This position reports to the Residential Appraisal Area Manager.
- Independently balances a mix of appraisal and review backlogs, determines scope of report needs, and performs appraisals while meeting quality, service and production expectations
- Appraises single-family residences, condominiums, construction to perm, acreage, 2-4 unit and vacant land regardless of transaction amount.
- Completes exterior and interior inspections, full and desktop appraisals, and appraisal reviews – regardless of transaction amount.
- Understands and adheres to USPAP, Wells Fargo appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on all appraisals assignments.
- Proficient in analyzing data using computer technology.
- Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance field efficiency
- 2+ years of valuation experience
- Certified Appraiser
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Good reporting skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations and titles
- Expert knowledge and experience performing High End SFR valuations and knowledge of local real estate market
- Experience with Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Experience in leveraging automated valuation tools
- Thorough working knowledge of computer technology, appraisal software, mapping software and County Record systems
- FHA approved appraiser
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to provide strong customer service while processing complex transactions and performing extensive research to resolve complex customer issues
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel within territory
- Ability to drive
- Must have use of two hands or functional equivalent
- Ability to climb up and down stairs
- Ability to walk up and down sloped terrain and to bend
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Reliable transportation
Disclaimer: All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.